* * * * *
This Thanksgiving, be part of a time-honored DC tradition—SOME's 22nd Annual America's Trot for Hunger. As the only DC-based Trot in the region, we are excited for our community to join us for our:
- In-person Race & Festival: Join us at Freedom Plaza on November 23rd, 2023 - Thanksgiving Morning - for a timed or untimed 5K, our 'Little Turkey' 1-Miler, and a family-friendly finisher festival!
- Virtual Race: Run a timed or untimed 5K from your neighborhood, local park, or wherever you are during the month of November, all while raising funds and spreading awareness of SOME's mission!
What's included in registration?
Your registration fees include:
- Participation costs
- Packet pickup
- Snacks & drinks post-race
- A finisher festival with live entertainment
- Giveaways & racer incentives
- Personalized event photos
- Customizable fundraising page
- Custom finisher medal
- And a tax-deductible donation in support of SOME (So Others Might Eat)
Official 2023 America's Trot for Hunger event shirts are not included in your registration. Participants who raise or donate to meet or exceed a $125 fundraising goal will receive the event shirt at no cost! We hope all of our participants will consider helping us make Thanksgiving a day of gratitude AND action as we work to end hunger and homelessness in the DC region.
Additional merchandise will be available for purchase in our merchandise store, at packet pickup, and on race day.
Should I form a team?
That choice is up to you - but we think the Trot is more fun with friends, family & cheerleaders! During registration you can form a team — there's no additional cost to form a team!